Coping with Holiday Stress
- Have a realistic plan. This will reduce the strain of juggling tasks, duties, errands and appointments.
- Stick to your lists and your budget. Overspending is a common source of Christmas stress. Remember that the point of the
season is to show care, not to simply consume.
- Learn how to say "no" to less important activities. Be selective. Don't over-schedule. If you limit yourself to two social
events per week, you won't run down your batteries.
- Plan parties or shopping trips with family and friends, in order to cut down on the number of events and responsibilities.
- Schedule some "down time" to use for rest and reflection.
- Keep your sense of humor.
- Establish your own standards, and don't be governed by other's expectations or demands.
- Don't skip meals or live on snacks because you are too busy.
- Don't sacrifice your exercise program as you get busier.